Lemon-Coconut Energy Bites
These sweet little bites pack a perfect pre-workout punch with carbs, healthy fats and a boost from L-glutamine!
- 1 cup of dates, soaked in water for at least 4 hours and drained
- 1 tbsp lemon zest and 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 c unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 c chia seeds
- 1 scoop (about 5g) L-glutamine powder
- 1/2c dry roasted or raw almonds
- In a high speed blender or food processor, combine dates, lemon juice, chia seeds, glutamine and almonds and process until a coarse paste is formed.
- Remove from blender and roll into 1" bites.
- In a bowl, combine shredded coconut with lemon zest.
- Roll each energy bite in the coconut + lemon zest until coated.
- Place in an air-tight container and store in the refrigerator. Grab 1-3 for a quick pre-workout boost or a healthy sweet! Enjoy!