Here's an awesome minimal-ingredient, protein packed option for pitas!
INGREDIENTS (makes 10-12 pitas)
- 400g green plantain (this is usually about 2-3 medium plantains)
- 1 and 1/2 cup liquid egg whites
- 1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
- salt, pepper
- Combine all ingredients into a high speed blender or food processor, blend until fully mixed and no lumps of plantain remain.
- Preheat oven to 400F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Spoon 10-12 circles of batter onto parchment paper and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy! (These are great leftover the next day too)
NUTRITION (for 2 pitas): 8P 19C 1F