Butternut Squash + Almond Butter
Brace yourselves for the best bed-time snack ever! The blend of complex carb and healthy fat is a perfect mix for a restful night of sleep.
- Butternut squash (I found these convenient and adorable squash zig-zags at Trader Joe's!)
- Almond Butter
- Cinnamon/Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Place chopped butternut squash in a steaming basket over boiling water. Steam until tender (typically about 10 mins)
- Top 1 cup of steamed squash with 1-2 tbsp crunchy almond butter and a hefty sprinkle of either cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice. Enjoy!
- You can steam all of the squash in the beginning of the week and enjoy this cold for several nights :)
For 1 cup squash and 2 tbsp nut butter: 12C 14F 5P