Make-ahead Herb Burgers
Make a few batches of these (and throw half in the freezer for emergencies) - you'll thank yourself, I promise.
INGREDIENTS (for 4, 4oz patties - just double or triple as needed):
- 1 lb of your choice of ground meat (chicken/turkey/beef/bison/etc.)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg or 1/4c egg whites
- 1/4c onion, minced
- fresh or dried herbs of choice. I used 1 handful of each: basil, sage, rosemary minced. and 1 tbsp dried oregano.
- salt, pepper to taste
- combine all ingredients thoroughly in a large bowl
- if using a food scale (most precise portioning), cover with plastic wrap or parchment first and measure out 4oz servings
- roll each serving into a ball, then flatten slightly into a disk shape that's about 1" thick
- wrap each patty in plastic wrap in store in an air-tight container for later use.
- When ready to cook, pan fry, grill or bake (at 400) until desired doneness in the center. Enjoy!
- make 2-3 batches of these and store extra uncooked patties in the freezer for quick meals on busy week-nights
- change up the flavor profile by using different meats or different herb combos - you'd be surprised how much different herbs change the taste (and they are packed with nutrients, too!)