Homemade (junk-free) Gatorade
Want a refreshing post workout electrolyte replenishment without all the chemicals, dyes and artificial sugars? Keep reading...
The idea behind gatorade: electrolytes, fluids and carbohydrates is spot on for recovery and replenishment post-workout; however, the chemical additives, artificial colors and flavors and sweeteners are things I'd rather avoid. This simple recipe can be whipped up in about minute and packs in hydration, electrolytes, vitamin C and some potent, anti-inflammatory phytochemicals (magical plant compounds) from the cherry berry blend!
INGREDIENTS (serves 1):
- 8-10 oz plain coconut water (for potassium)
- a few sprinkles of Himalayan pink sea salt (for sodium)
- 1/2 an orange (for vitamin C and real-food carbs)
- 1/2-1 cup frozen Cherry Berry Blend (for anti-inflammatory phytos and real-food carbs)
- ice (to make it extra refreshing!)
- blend all ingredients together until smooth, enjoy right away!