Lighten up your Taco Tuesday by using this simple veggie hack. Plus, it saves room for extra guac!
This recipe is high protein and packed with healthy fats – works well for those following a low carb lifestyle or can easily be paired with rice and beans or chips and guac for balanced macronutrients :)
(makes 4 6oz servings or 6 4 oz servings)
1.5 lbs grass fed, organic beef
1 tsp each: chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, smoked paprika
4 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
1 cup tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup red onion, diced
2 avocados, diced
Juice of one lime
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. When hot, add beef to skillet.
2. Brown meat while adding chili powder, cumin, garlic, smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
3. While meat is cooking, slice the bottom of the endives off to easily separate the leaves. Wash and pat dry, set aside.
4. In a bowl combine avocado, lime juice, onion, cilantro, tomato, salt and pepper. Combine and set aside.
5. Once the meat is done, scoop into endive leaves and top with guacamole.
For 4oz serving: 335 calories/ 24g fat/ 8g carb/ 23g protein
For 6oz serving: 502 calories/ 36g fat/ 12g carb/ 34g protein