Crock Pot Salsa Chicken
The makings of the easiest (and cleanest) taco Tuesday ever!
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4-5):
- 4 organic boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 jar of your favorite salsa (I've been using Sprouts Kale + Veggie salsa lately)
- 1 head of butter lettuce (or tortillas if you're not making this low carb)
- 1-2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 c diced red onion
- 1 lime
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- cumin and chili powder
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of a crock pot and top with 1 tsp each of cumin and chili powder. Add jar of salsa and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Once chicken is done, open crock pot and shred chicken using 2 forks.
- Prepare toppings: dice onion and tomato, chop fresh cilantro, slice up 1-2 avos and slice lime into wedges for squeezing.
- If using butter lettuce, separate and wash leaves. Pat to dry.
- Fill lettuce leaves or tortillas with a scoop of shredded salsa chicken and top with onion, tomato, cilantro, avocado and fresh lime juice. ENJOY!