Chicken and Zoodles with Thai Peanut Sauce
A healthier take on a Thai favorite - all of the flavor with a lot more nutrients!
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 6 large zucchini
- 3/4c fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 c bean sprouts
- 1 medium lime
- 1 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, divided
- 1 1/2 c shredded carrot
- 4 tbsp dry roasted peanuts (or cashews)
- 4 tbsp peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp jalapeno
- Cook chicken: heat large skillet over medium heat and melt 1.5 tbsp coconut oil. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and add to skillet. Cook until no longer pink. Once cooked, remove and shred, set aside.
- While chicken is cooking, complete the following:
- Thai peanut sauce: combine peanut butter, honey, fish sauce, gminced carlic cloves, fresh grated ginger, minced jalapeno and 1 tbsp coconut oil in a small sauce pan on medium heat. Stir until melted and combined. Set aside.
- Coarsely chop dry roasted peanuts. Set aside.
- Chop fresh cilantro leaves. Set aside.
- Juice 1 lime. Set aside.
- Zoodles: wash, dry and spiralize 6 large zucchini. (Check out my favorites page for the spiralizer and julienne grater you can use for this!). Combine zoodles with grated carrots. Set aside.
- Once chicken is cooked and removed from skillet, add zucchini and carrot mix to the same skillet. Turn heat to medium-low and cook until warmed through and the zoodles are softened. Return to a large bowl.
- Add shredded chicken and peanut sauce to zoodle and carrot mix, mix well.
- Distribute evenly into 4 bowls and top each with 1/4c bean sprouts, chopped peanuts, cilantro and additional lime juice. Enjoy!
Note: to make this paleo or peanut-allergy friendly, sub chopped cashews for peanuts and almond butter for peanut butter!