20 Minute Cilantro-Lime Shrimp
Because let's face it, if it takes more than 30 mins on a week night it ain't happening.
INGREDIENTS (serves 4):
- 1 lb fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined (check out www.seafoodwatch.org or the app for best sources!)
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 limes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- salt, pepper and chili powder
- Heat 1-2 tbsp coconut oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat
- Toss peeled shrimp with juice of 2 limes, salt, pepper and chili powder and add to skillet when heated
- While shrimp cooks, mince garlic and finely chop cilantro, set aside
- Cook shrimp until completely opaque (will look pink) takes a few minutes each side typically
- Add garlic and cilantro when shrimp is almost done (Tip: this preserves the nutrients!)
- Serve hot with a lime wedge.
- Serving tips: as a fill for shrimp tacos, on top of cauli rice, with black beans, or on top of a salad. Enjoy! :)