Pumpkin Apple Spice Baked Oats (with flax and chia)
These seasonal spiced oat squares are packed with healthy fats and fiber, making a perfect snack or on-the-go breakfast, especially if you pair them with a hard boiled egg or two.
2 cups gf oats
1 cup pumpkin puree (organic)
1 cup apple, diced
1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp each cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp ground flax seed
2 tbsp chia seed
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1. preheat oven to 350, grease an 8x8" baking dish with coconut oil
2. mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately.
3. At wet to dry ingredients, stir until fully incorporated.
4. Press firmly and evenly into the baking dish and bake for 25-30 mins.
5. Let cool completely, slice and store in an airtight container for 3-4 days (or in the fridge for 5-7)