Faves & Finds.
Read more for some of my favorite products and/or grocery finds this week!
This whole blogging thing is making me overthink over here! At first I wanted to call this series "Friday Finds" but then I was thinking what if there's a week when I don't find anything cool?? So I added 'Faves' in the title to give me some room for other content. And then I was like what if there's a Friday when I don't get to post this?? So I omitted the 'Friday' to give me some flexibility. Whew! So this series will include favorite products and/or food finds and it will be posted as somewhat regular but (for now) not super predictable basis :)
This week's TJ's haul:
If it's not clear from several of my recipes, Trader Joe's is one of my all-time favorite places to shop. It has so many unique and healthy items at very reasonable prices and they release new products all the time which keeps me inspired in the kitchen!
- Organic Broccoli Slaw (with carrots) - I love throwing this on salads for some texture, sauteing it into a ground meat for some sneaky veggies or steaming it as a side dish for dinners.
- Frozen Organic Kabocha Squash - There are few things I despise more than cutting up squashes (flashbacks to the spaghetti squash stitches incident of 2010). This product is amazingly convenient. I plan to steam or roast these bad boys in coconut oil as a nice low-carb side.
- Butternut Squash Zig-Zags - I like this for similar reasons as #2. See this post on how I use this as one of my go-to bed time snacks! Plus, you get only 10g carb for a whole cup of butternut squash and I'm all about that volume!
- Mixed Nut Butter - I've been seeing so many posts on this product so I was excited to finally try it out. As far as I'm concerned, I haven't met a nut butter I didn't like - BUT I love that this one packs in the nutrient variety of consuming so many different nuts! I know I'll be putting this sh** on everythang this weekend.
- Everything But The Bagel Seasoning - I have a deep love for everything bagels but unfortunately they don't love me back :( Check out this post for how I used this to give all of the flavors of an everything bagel to my bagel-less breakfast this morning!
- Tj's Chicken Sausage - I love these for quick week night protein options! They have clean ingredients and are already cooked so they only take a few mins to heat up. I use them in breakfasts, stir frys, or part of a spaghetti squash or black bean pasta dish.
- Matcha Green Tea - I've been on a matcha kick lately (loving the flavor and the tons of antioxidants) and these single-serve pouches save me time during busy mornings.
- TJ's Sauerkraut - This is my first time trying TJ's own sauerkraut and it was so good! I've always loved the sour/tart flavor of this fermented cabbage and it provides some gut-healthy probiotics to your meals! I like serving this on top of salads or mixed into any meat-based dish (right on top of a burger or on the side of a pot roast).
If you try out any of these let me know what you think. Have a wonderful weekend!